Despite his unfortunate word choice, Baker’s observation is dead on; there are lots of PR pros on Twitter. Many of them rank among the social network’s elite members.
The top 25 include:
• Frank Eliason, a communicator at Comcast;
• Bill Austin, an Arizona PR pro;
• Amber Naslund, a marketing communicator;
• Liz Strauss, a social media strategist in Chicago;
• Sarah Evans, the director of communications at Elgin Community College (located about 40 miles outside Chicago).
This list, which is constantly in flux, was captured Monday around 2 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Grades are based on a Twitter user’s number of followers, the power of this network of followers, pace of Twitter updates, completeness of his or her profile, and “a few other” factors, according to the grader.
To learn your grade, visit Twitter Grader and drop your Twitter ID into the search box. My grade is hovering around 43,000—out of 952,508.