Alcohol, drugs, sex--mere child's play when it comes to the latest addiction ravaging society. T-W-I-T-T-E-R.
For some people, signs of overindulgence are just beginning to surface. For others, arthritis of the fingertips has already crippled them.
As is the case with substance abuse, it's important to arm yourself with education in the fight against Twitter addiction. Knowing the signs, you might just save yourself or someone close to you--before it's too late.
Here are seven signs that you (or someone you love) might be addicted to Twitter:
1. You think the expression "size matters" refers to URL shorteners.
2. You're @thegym while at the gym.
3. For breakfast, you order eggs and a coffee with a side of hashtags.
4. You believe Twitter-ese is its own foreign language or poetic prose based solely upon phrasings of 140 characters or less.
5. Due mostly to the Fail Whale, you have an abnormal hatred for Free Willy and Moby Dick.
6. By retweeting, you're convinced you've done your part to reduce your carbon-footprint.
7. You say follower; the police say stalker.
Admitting there's a problem is the first step to recovery.
You can take an easy breezy quiz at The Oatmeal to determine how addicted to Twitter you are.
(Image via The Oatmeal.)