Last week, PR Daily posted a story from Prosumer-Report confirming that--despite all their big strides in the workplace--women still earn an average of 20 percent less than their male counterparts.
Given such a statistic, it appears women everywhere are in need of their own 'It Gets Better' campaign--you know, kind of like the anti-bullying videos. To help launch the campaign, I put together this collection with 10 of the most sexist ads ripped straight from days of yore.
Why a collection of sexist ads?
Because each one of them is a demonstration that in time, it does get better.
1. Pretty sure dad always said, "And under no circumstance do you ever buy a woman something for the house."
2. For those who can't read the first line of copy, it says, "Women are soft and gentle, but they hit things." Guys, repeat those words and I promise you'll be the ones getting hit.
3. I'll give you some "PEP."
4. Now go cook me a potpie.
5. But still leave the pickle jar to the man, little darlin'.
6.Where does she store all the files?
7. "Ma--the meatloaf!"
8. So, are you floored, ladies?
9. I mean, at least give her a hand, guys.
10. Most girls I know would blow-up in your face.