In a perfect world, I would reign as Master of the Universe and carry out the rest of my days in a kingdom void of pop-up ads and Toby Keith music. Turns out that wouldn't be the case for many Web users, at least when it comes to the ads.
According to a new study titled The Face of Social Media:
• 59 percent of social media users said ads are a reasonable price to pay for sites like Facebook and Twitter.
• 15 percent said they are more inclined to purchase brands that are marketed on social networking websites.
• 32 percent of 13- to 54-year-old smart phone users who have apps on their phones are more included to purchase brands advertised in the app.
• 70 percent said ads are a fair price to pay
• 40 percent of these smart phone users said these ads are usually pertinent to their personal interests.
Roughly 82 percent of all teens and adults use these sites, an increase of 13 percent from last year, the study noted.
Now, I wonder how they feel about Toby Keith.