Healthcare marketing wishes for the New Year...
The holidays are upon us, which means reflecting back and looking ahead. I'm presenting our board some of our web victories from this past year, along with a quick demonstration of our social media capabilities.
Then, I'd like to offer a glimpse of my wishes for the upcoming year.
- Enhancing the look of other areas in the hospital to offer our patients and families a better experience. (Excellent NY Times article about the importance of patient experiences.)
- Upgrading one of our blogs to include videos from our employees about their experiences with our hospital.
- Using our Flip video camera more. We're still in the mode of thinking that it's a "special occasion" tool, rather than an everyday moment capturer.
- Getting all of our employees to use the same e-mail signature, which includes all of our organization's social media links. (This may require gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh to our IT department. If anyone knows where I can score some myrrh, please let me know.)
- I would like a system in place in which all of our new employees are oriented to all of our social media/web marketing tools so that they can take part. I just don't want to be the one that does that.
- Finally, I would like every tweet our hospital sends out to generate $100,000 in revenue for our CFO, who would put it directly into our Marketing Department budget...fa-la-la-la la-la-la-la.